Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dial-up connection !

• Please log in to reply

groovy_138

groovy_138

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I was just wondering, I am on a machine right now that has a dial-up connection and everytime that the phone rings it kicks the person off the internet and out of the program that they are in. I know that there is a option in XP Pro somewhere that you can check to keep from getting kicked off the internet when the phone rings, i have just forgot were it is at and how to get to it. Any info would be more than gladly appreciated. Thanks alot

Advertisements

tstubbs457

tstubbs457

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
i am not an expert--
but:
i believe you need to disable call waiting--
this can probalby be done in your dialer set-up:
as i recall, you need to append the pre-fix of : *70 (which disables call wating ) prior to you call out number for connecting..

hope this helps-

peace,

-t.

groovy_138

groovy_138

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks I done this once and it worked fine and I just cant remember right off the top of my head how I done it. I will try that and see if it works, Thanks alot !!!