Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP COD 2

• Please log in to reply

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
right i went to uninstall this game and it didnt finish and stopped.

i thought that it uninstalled so i inserted the disk and then it said uninstall and not install so i clicked this and nothing happened.

i want this program uninstalled but its not letting me, i think someone has deleted some file, how can i uninstall this game?

Advertisements

TheWorm

TheWorm

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Have you tried uninstalling it through Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel? You should also delete all COD2 files and folders before an uninstall is complete.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you are having issues installing from the cd you may need to copy the cd to the hdd and install from there instead.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
some files have been deleted and it wont uninstall i then deleted all the cod 2 file and still wont install

p.s sorry about the other topic i read a pinned topic and they said i had be more descriptive

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok, delete the folder c:\program files\activision\callofduty2 (default install location). Then go to start run and type in "regedit". this will open the registry editior. navigate to hkey_local_maching\software. look for activision. under that will be cod2. just delet the call of duty2 entry. restart the pc and you should be good to install again. If it doesn't want to install at this point I will need the specific error that it gives.

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
right i have done that and now cod 2 works.

i then went to play cod and coduo and they were saying the same as cod 2 was before :tazz:

i mean that when i put the disk in, it auto plays but it says uninstall but there are no files as i deleted them using 'regedit' in run in order for cod 2 to work properly. so somewhere i must have some cod and coduo files so then i will be able to either uninstall it or reinstall it, the only problem is i dont know where the files are, i have looked everywhere and i still cant find them

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
close this i have sorted it out :tazz: