Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help with setting up my ps2 for going online

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
hi i have a computer with xp... i have a linksys wireless-B game adapter modl no#WGA11B ... both the computer and the ps2 are in the same room and everytime i go on monster hunter to play i get disconnected after about 10 of being online... sometimes its longer but its very frustrating, so then i tried to use a direct patch cable from computer to ps2 using a CATC netmate link adapter U-ETH-NMO2... and so i have to reconfigure the information for connecting to the internet with the monster hunter game/..... i enter my new internet provider( i just changed providers... i was connecting by wireless to my parents upstairs, but i thought if we had our own internet downstairs then we wouldnt have disconnection problems anymore :) )... anyway so i enter that information and it asks me to put in primary and secondary dns??? i dont know what that is... i know how to go to run... cmd... ipconfig and i see the info there i just dont know what to put where?? can anyone please walk me thru this :tazz: i would be grateful,, ive accepted that the wireless system we have wont work but sheesh i would like to be able to play my game somehow lol

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what exactly is asking you for your primary and secondary dns? the game? or the router? or what?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
the online monster hunter game is asking me for my primaty and secondary dns.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
and you did an ipconfig /all on your computer to find out what those are? or not yet?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
yes but it doesnt say any numbers for dns just ip and gateway and others

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do start > run > ipconfig /all > "c:\ipconfig.txt" and attatch that txt file with your next post?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
:tazz: , ok i did that and it says its not a recognized command, i have windows xp, is it different for xp?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
no it's not
i meant
start > run > cmd > ipconfig /all > "c:\ipconfig.txt" and attatch that txt file with your next post?