Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocking or Disabling Images

• Please log in to reply

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
This only happens on one website that I post at, which is a forum. People have big signatures, and it slows down my computer, and it takes forever for the page to load. I was wondering is that anyway I could block or disable images so it would go a lot faster when I'm viewing the forum?

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
forums that are well moderated should not have large signatures or avatars, but that is just an opionin. i do not belive there is a way to block certain pictures on certain sites. the way, however, to block all pictures on all sites is this: if in IE: tools>internet options>advanced>scrool down to multimedia and uncheck veiw pictures. the only way i can think of of blocking pictures on a certain site whould be to use some kind of antivirus program

hope that helps

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
firefox browser with greasemonkey can let you selectively block images, either by installing the script that removes images from phpbb based forums, or by finding another script that lets you specify the size of images you want blocked.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/