Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ACPI IRQ holder for PCI IR device with a problem (code 22)

• Please log in to reply

very senior novice

very senior novice

• Pip
  • 1 posts
found in system configuration under problem devices: ACPI IRQ holder for PCI IR..

pnp device ID: ACPI\*pnpccof\00000003 Error code: 22

O.S. windows me
browser: IE 6

I do not know what ACPI IRQ holder for PCI IR is.....hopefully some one can tell me
(and anyone else that doesn't know ) just what this is......it is not listed as a problem in
Device manager.....I found it when I checked system configuration to see if there were any
'problem device's' on my computer :tazz: :)

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
01 very senior novice ACPI IRQ holder for PCI IR.
19th Feb 2006

Hello – Welcome to – [Geeks to Go]

I do not know what ACPI IRQ holder for PCI IR is

[ACPI]
(Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) A power management specification developed by Intel, Toshiba and Microsoft that makes hardware status information available to the operating system. ACPI enables a PC to turn its peripherals on and off for improved power management especially in portables.

[IRQ]
(Interrupt ReQuest) A hardware interrupt on a PC. It is a way for a peripheral device to signal the CPU that it is ready to send or receive. Sixteen lines (0-15) accept interrupts from devices such as a mouse or network adapter. IRQs used to be a major headache with PCs until Plug & Play and PCI cards became the norm. Plug & Play assigns IRQs automatically, and PCI cards share IRQs.

[PCI]
(Peripheral Component Interconnect) An expansion bus commonly used in PCs, Macintoshes and workstations. It was designed primarily by Intel and first appeared on PCs in late 1993. PCI provides a high-speed data path between the CPU and peripheral devices (video, disk, network, etc.). There are typically three or four PCI slots on the motherboard. In a Pentium PC, there is generally a mix of PCI and ISA slots or PCI and EISA slots.

Ok – That takes care of the Terminology Portion – Now what does it mean – Well – apparently you have added a device to your PC – that is not working – Or you would not have said -

it is not listed as a problem in Device manager.....I found it when I checked system configuration to see if there were any problem device's' on my computer

Why else would you be looking for – [Problem Devices] - This is an – [Error Code] – with no – [Device Recognition] – and it looks as if it is giving an – [IRQ] – But your – [Viewing Area] – needed to be adjusted/expanded – [It looks/appears as if the error indication was truncated] –

Perhaps you can tell me what was installed recently or what device you are experiencing a problem with –

Off hand I would take a guess that it is either

(1) – A USB Device
(2) – IEEE 1394 Device

So - Lets interview your PC –

(1) – What Type – [Laptop] – [Desktop] [Tower]
(2) – What is Manufacturer
(3) – What is Model Number
(4) – How old is PC
(5) – Operating System & Service Pack
(6) How many USB Ports
(7) List USB Devices – Including HUBS & USB Expansion / PCMCIA Cards
(8) List the same on IEEE 1394 Devices
(9) What device do you think is not working

Now to assist you in answering these questions – Download the Free – Edition of – [Everest] and follow these instructions on – Running – Creating – Saving & Attaching – [Everest Reports]
http://www.filehippo...d_everest_home/

Download & Run [EVEREST] & do the following steps to obtain 3 [REPORTS] – Need to [Create] & [Save] – 3 Separate [Reports] – as HTML Documents by using [Quick Report Summary] – Mode – Save these in a Folder – that you can find - & Attach all 3 to your next Post –

Do not use Text Format – Nor do you want to embed these [Reports] in your Post – Only use [Attachment] Mode – These [Reports] – are Too Long – to place in Post – The Forum will truncate – the [Reports] + The Report will be >20 pages –

Complete the Following 2 Procedures – [How to Make Everest HTML Reports] & [How to Attach Files to your Post]

[How to Make – Everest HTML Reports] –

Report-1: [senior novice -SUMMARY-1]

1 – Expand [COMPUTER] Folder
2 – Click on [SUMMARY] Folder
3 – On Main Menu – Click on [REPORT] >On Pop Up/Down menu – Highlight [Quick Report-Summary] >Click on [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [senior novice -Summary] & attach to POST

Report –2: [senior novice -Mobo-1]

1 – Expand [MOTHERBOARD] Folder
2 – Click on [MOTHERBOARD] Folder –[Main Folder]
3 – Click [REPORT] >[Quick Report-Motherboard] > [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [senior novice -Mobo-1] & attach to POST

Report –3 : [senior novice -Devices-1]

1 – Expand [DEVICES] Folder
2 – Click on [DEVICES] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT]>[Quick Report-Devices]> [HTML]
4 – Save as File [senior novice -Devices-1] & attach to Post

[How to Add Attachment to Post]

1- Click On [Add a Reply]
2- Scroll down to bottom of [Reply Window] to [File Attachments]
3- Click [Browse] and then locate the [Everest Report Files] – That you saved on your PC
4- Click on file - it should now appear in [File Attachment] Window
5- Click on [Add Attachment] Button
6-Wait until it is added
7- Click [Add to Post] Button
8- Repeat Steps [3 thru 7] If you have other attachments to attach to Post – Otherwise skip & Go to step 9
9- Click [Add Reply] Button to send

Jack123