Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to tell cpu/comps temperature

• Please log in to reply

rov

rov

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
where can i get a temp gauge, i looked everywhere.

Advertisements

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
In what I know it is mother boad option. The sensor for the CPU is a thin, bent touch tab under neath of it where you can not see unless you take out the CPU. If your mother board has this option then you can see it in the bios. and be side that you can find program that can pull it up for you to see in windows but I have never use the one for windows so can not tell you what program to look for. And my reason not to use them because for what ever reason, differrent program will give you differrent number. Not like you go to bios, it will tell you the temperature it read out using the old way of reading, TOUCH AND TELL, don't lie.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Actually bios is often an unreliable way of telling the temperature there is often calibration and reading errors that many of the windows software arent affected by.

Speed fan or pcwzard 2006 are good ways to find out, for a physical guage you can get one from a good retailer.