Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mono shorting out

• Please log in to reply

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hey guys, my mate got an Asrock K7VT4A Pro mobo (iv never had any problems with these, they are rock solid mobo's) and some really cheap cases. I personally think the cheap case is causing this problem.

When you try to fire up the system it works fine, but if it shakes at all you need to pull the plug out and plug it back in to make it work.

Is this just shorting caused by the case?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it very well could be....have him take the board aout and put electrical tape over the studs on the case...also..you could have him set up the system outside of the case on a piece of cardboard..and see if a shake causes the same problem...also have him make sure that everything is seated properly...his cpu or ram could be coming loose...

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Yup, i done that for him no problems there. Cept for the electrical tape, might give that a shot.

Just realised i mispelled the title to this thread.