Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ping problems CoD UO

• Please log in to reply

Staap

Staap

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey all,

When I first installed CoD+UO I had about 25 ping. After about a year, my ping was at 75 so I tried to fix this. Now, after I got rid of spyware and that sort of stuff, I reinstalled windows and CoD again, but still I have a ping from 50-100.

Can u help me out?

Advertisements

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Ping, the time it takes to get a return response from a server, is a factor of your connection, the server's connection/settings, and, the traffic in between the two. There really isn't much that can be done to improve your situation.

I would consider a ping of less than 100ms excellent. Besides, it's skill and ability that makes a winner.

:tazz:

Staap

Staap

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thnx for the info m8.

Is there some specific port that cod uses, and is now partially blocked? :tazz:
I'm not making it up, that my ping was at 25. And Blaster, I think there's a world of differance between 100 and 25. Having 100 ping is like having one second delay in CoD.

Skill won't help me there xD

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Well, the difference between .025 and .100 second is .075 seconds. The eye blinks at .500 second, so unless you don't blink you will never notice the difference. :)

I don't know of anyway to partially block a port. The packets either get through or they don't.

Unless you can cut down the traffic, or remove a hop or two between you and the server, you will just have to live with the higher ping.

All I can recommend is the usual windows tweaks to cut down on services, especially network services. And connect directly to the internet, bypassing any router/switch that you may be using.

By the way, the only time I get 25ms ping is, well, NEVER!!!! :)

:tazz: