Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ipod problem on Win 2000

• Please log in to reply

slim

slim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I hope someone can help me with this, I have been onto several forums and no solution seems to work. It seems to be a common problem as well. I have a mini Ipod and iTunes no-longer reads/recognises it. There is nothing wrong with the Ipod itself, the PC knows it is connected to the USB port, the icon shows up in the C Drive as a removable disk, and I took it to an Apple shop & their iTunes read it with no problem. I have reinstalled the latest version of iTunes, and the latest iPod updater. This did not solve the issue. I have reverted to last years version of these 2 applications that I got on disk with the player, and those do not work either. When I try & update the iPod, I get an 'iPod Service Error' messsage as well. I called up the Apple helpdesk & they sent me a set of instructions that had 4 levels, none of these worked. Can anyone help??!! :tazz:

Advertisements