Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cherra

Cherra

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I seem to have caught a virus, and a friend has been helping me use your website to clean it, so here is my Hijack file:
OK, the virus won't let me get into Notepad to retrieve the logfile. I followed the instructions, but I can't find the file anywhere. The name that I got with one of the cleanups is: Trojan-Downloader.JS.gen with the numbers 33EC7CE9. I did a Hijack this morning in safe mode, because everytime I try to open a program or website that has the ability to get rid of this virus, it won't let me in. Thats why I had to get my friend to help, he would download things on his PC, and then I would load it up on mine in safe mode. I'm getting rather frustrated with this thing. I was not impressed to get a virus when I had a anti-virus program.
OK, I've used:CleanUp, Ad-aware SE, Ewido, AVG, TrojanHunter, and Hijack This Log, I've re-booted many times.
The other problem is I can't sign out of MSN chat.
You should have seen me try and open the Hijack file, before it dissapeared!!
Oh, the other thing, on your Home page, where it says, 'Free computer help', If I click on the word 'Browser' crash, I go to, well, yesterday I went somewhere else, today I went to Lencom Software, Is that where I was supposed to go?
Anyway, I have given you enough to think about, I hope you can help,
Bye,
Cherra

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi Cherra and welcome to GTG.

I don't get the last part you said about the browser crash. Why are you going there? You are here already :tazz: and this is the place to post your HijackThis log.

Where is the HijackThis log? Or are you having problems opening it up in Notepad? Try to get the HijackThis scan in Normal Mode (not Safe Mode) if you can.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.