Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless network wont do ics?

• Please log in to reply

Sam_G

Sam_G

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
I have 2 computers. (Sam) mine and (Dad) my fathers. He has a wireless network card in the back of his and the dialup modem. I am using a 4 port D-Link wireless router/modem.

We can connect and do file sharing fine its just when i want his internet connection it dont work at all...

I tried just using lan (network cable) and it works but ONLY WHEN i have norton and zonealarm shut down on his computer.

Its strange, but i just really want to get ics on the wireless network.

Any help would be awesome cause im in Yr 11 and i need the net for assignments and without it i might struggle.

Thanks guys

Sam....

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not a zone alarm expert...but i'm pretty sure there are settings in BOTH of those firewalls (zone and norton) for allowing ICS...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
here's some info on setting up zonealarm

http://www.zonelabs....ctry=US&lang=en

what version of norton is running on the computer?

Sam_G

Sam_G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I am running Norton Internet Security 2005.

And the free version of Zone Alarm.

Running the free version might cause me a problem according to the website you advised me on.

Is there any other things i need to configure in Windows Itself????

Or to the dial up connection

Or the router????? The router is a netcomm 1300+4w It has settings for the router as well.

Thanks Sam....