Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with jpeg photo

• Please log in to reply

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but after using a program called Picasa i've noticed that some of my jpeg photos I have on my computer is losing it's summary info. I see it in thumbnail in the folder and preview but when I clink on it it tells me: ( this is an example) file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jay%20Gladieux/Desktop/2324h046.jpg. no photo or anything will show. Any chance on saving this or did Picasa corrupt them? :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Irfanview with the plug ins, open an image with it and if it says wrong name, rename? click yes and it should open

http://www.irfanview.com

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok tried that and it tells me: Can't read file header, unknown file format. :tazz:

jgladieux

jgladieux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
still need help with this problem..... :tazz: