Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Likely Haxdoor trojan Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

WeedBag

WeedBag

• Pip
  • 9 posts
my original thread

Hello I hope you can help me with my problem as it has baffled me and I have googled and googled and found no help.

My problem is that all my files begining with the letter Q are dissapearing. It began with all my music from the band Queen. I have tried ripping these tracks back onto my computer but they disapear. Quicktime disapeared, and I have tried several methods (apple.com,torrent, p2p..) to download the installer but the file is gone as soon as the download ends. Also, when I try to name a folder with the beginning letter being Q it vanishes as well. I have updated and run my scanners (Ad-Aware, AVG, Trojan Hunter, Avast, Spybot S&D, cswshredder, Bazooka) but my system is clean of malware, what is causing this?

HJ log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:30:52 PM, on 2/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Lou\Desktop\Scanners\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O20 - Winlogon Notify: sndu32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sndu32.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

I know It's not much, people always tell me that, I just don't run much on start up.

Advertisements

WeedBag

WeedBag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
bump, please help

Edit: I downloaded Haxfix following instructions from a similar thread , but it didnt find anything

Edited by WeedBag, 22 February 2006 - 10:42 PM.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
hi WB. Are you still having problems? If so, please run hijack this again and post a new log. :tazz: Have you already fixed items in hijack this already?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
This topic is closed for lack of activity. If you are the topic starter and need it reopened, please PM a staff member.