Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

match.com ,Zestyfind.com, yyy102.html,ad-w-a-r-e, www.onlineshopp-ing&

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hans100

hans100

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Excuse me , but I am the [bleep] in as after wasting 2 days with all sorts of programs I still sit in a puddle!

I have downloaded,installed speware doctor,No adware,spybot, ad aware personal, ewido,xoftSpy scanned system thoroughly as well as two or three other programes that were usless as I was not about to purchase them as required for them to function properly.

I boot up ok, access any site but at point the trouble starts..Just typing this far I have had to break away and delete over 8 pop up pages to have a unhindered view of this.

The above mentioned programs all found adware on every scan but these adsolution/bigdiscountbuy/dealware etc etc irritants are immune it seems...!!
So ive installed the HijackThis and below is the logfile
Unfortunately I dont have a printer so if there is a way around not having to print pages of instructions ..well say no more!!

I look forward to anybody been able to advise what the best action is to take!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
best regards
Hans

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:06:52 PM, on 2006/02/21
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.za
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.co.za
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.za
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O1 - Hosts: 0.1 did.i-used.cc
O3 - Toolbar: &Smart Login - {AB4758E0-5BC4-11D6-A846-DCEF4DE0604E} - blank (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CnxDslTaskBar] C:\Program Files\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTPreset] VTPreset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1129044550968
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CDF63C2D-9EC1-4D3C-BA7B-06C03215BBFB}: NameServer = 196.25.255.34 196.25.255.3
O20 - Winlogon Notify: MCD - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SharedDLLs - C:\WINDOWS\system32\o0lu0a39ed.dll
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

Advertisements

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Hi hans100 and welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums.

My name is Trevuren and I will be helping you with your log.

Please download Look2Me-Remover.exe to your desktop.
  • Close all windows before continuing.
  • Double-click Look2Me-Remover.exe to run it.
  • Put a check next to Run this program as a task.
  • You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Remover will close and re-open in approximately 10 seconds. Click OK
  • When Look2Me-Remover re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.
  • You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.
  • When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Remover will now shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Your computer will then shutdown.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Remover.txt and a new HiJackThis log.
If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.

If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.
http://www.ascentive...ib/MSWINSCK.OCX

Regards,

Trevuren

hans100

hans100

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Trevuren :tazz: I hereby place on record that you are simply second to NONE in the GEEK world!
Browzing other sites where users experiencing the exact infestation as I HAD, consequently apealing for help, the fact that the advice given in most cases required 4 to 5 pages of detailed instruction and numerous attempts by the "advisor" to rid the scurge, I was initially reluctant to take this course fearing more time wasting back & forth!

Allow me to concede that by me short-cutting and running the numerous rated programs promoted on similar issues,as I did, was a mistake, as it took the sharp eye of your worth to recognise what ever u did and direct me to use the extremely slim yet powerhouse in efficiency "Look2Me-Remover".

I went out allowing the software the time to scan the files & locate the well hidden gremlins.
I returned 30 min ago and quite frankly after removing the infected files sourced by the software, I expected the fricken match.com and survey panel make a yes or no choice pop ups to make their usual appearance!

NEED I SAY MORE! its been 40 min odd that I am online and their non appearance is actually a revelation as what I had experienced over the passed two days was unprecedented! ...NO doubt about that!

I thank you once again and if a score or rating was required you got a 10+ here ...
Much appreciated

Best regards :) :)

Hans Navratil- Sunny Cape Town - South Africa :)

Below is the new HiJackThis log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 03:40:49 AM, on 2006/02/22
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSTORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSTORDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.za
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.co.za
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.za
O3 - Toolbar: &Smart Login - {AB4758E0-5BC4-11D6-A846-DCEF4DE0604E} - blank (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CnxDslTaskBar] C:\Program Files\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\CnxDslTb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTPreset] VTPreset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1129044550968
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CDF63C2D-9EC1-4D3C-BA7B-06C03215BBFB}: NameServer = 196.25.255.34 196.25.255.3
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Thank you for the kind words. Please note that I have forwarded your remarks to the developer of the tool who deserves all the credit in this matter. I am sure that he will also appreciate your kind remarks. The people behind the scenes do not always get the credit they deserve.

Now back to work :tazz:

Please disable Ewido Security Suite (EwidoGuard)

1. Launch Ewido
2. In the main window, click "Realtime protection" (in green indicating "Active") to change to inactive.

• Please RUN HijackThis.
    . Click the SCAN button to produce a log.

• Place a check mark beside each one of the following items:

• Now with all the items selected, and all windows closed except for HJT, delete them by clicking the FIX checked button. Close the HijackThis window.

• Reboot Your System

• Finally, RUN Hijackthis again and produce a new HJT log. Post it in the forum so we can check how everything looks now. In addition, please tell me if there are any more malware problems that you are aware of.
Regards,

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
With all the cudos, I nearly forgot the important stuff :tazz:

Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Remover.txt

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.