Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc Wont Start Normally

• Please log in to reply

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Everytime i try to start my computer it stays at the windows loading screen, with the flashing blue lights under the xp logo, and doesnt change; i cant neccesarily call it freezing but thats basically what its doing. then i have to hold the button till the pc turns off, then restart it, then choose from the various safe modes, starting normally which never works or starting from last good configuration which doesnt work either.

im in safe mode right now, and I just cant function on safe mode forever, it drives me nuts. this is the first time its happeneing in a month, after i thought i fixed it by updating my bios, obviously not.

and in my event log the only things that show up at that time are

Service Control Manager
DCOM
sfsync

and they show up over and over, I figure because they occure everytime i have to restart and it doesnt fully start.

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 21 February 2006 - 07:20 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start > run
cmd
<enter>

chkdsk /r
<enter>

say yes to schedule checkdisk at reboot

reboot

take a long walk

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
p.s.--errors are frequent in safe mode because services do not run in safemode

itz_ya_bwoy

itz_ya_bwoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I did what you said; when i restated it, it seemed to not even get to the checkdisk screen, it was suppose to right?

if so it didnt, it stopped at the xp loading screen like before. so I turned off the computer again and tried to load it in safe mode, and it took a long time to load, so i went to sleep, and i think it restarted by itself and froze again.

so this time i started it in safe mode again, i did try the 'chkdisk' without the '/r' and i guess it did whatever but it still had the problem when i tried rebooting, so any other suggestions?

Edited by itz_ya_bwoy, 21 February 2006 - 10:40 PM.