Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Issue (Theme Error)

• Please log in to reply

ronnysaad

ronnysaad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello,

I am using the Windows XP Professional Version with the Service Pack 2 included. I have been encountering an issue with the Windows theme lately. The theme abruptly changed to the old style (Windows 2000). I tried changing the themes, from the display properties on the desktop and I tried adjusting for best appearence in the System Properties, didn't work either. This happened to me a week ago and I formatted the computer thinking it is some virus, but the problem came back 2 days after I formatted my system. I am using Ad-Aware and Norton Anti-Virus 2006 both updated to protect my system.

Please someone help I would prefer to work on the modern XP Theme.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you tried going into display properties > appeareance and changing the windows and buttons to Windows XP style.

You should also consider getting rid of Norton because it's a resource hog and generally not very good.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 22 February 2006 - 10:46 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.