Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How would I network.........

• Please log in to reply

Jasxh

Jasxh

• Pip
  • 8 posts
How would I go about sharing a DSL internet connection, files and printer between one computer running on 'Windows ME' and another computer running on 'Windows XP'

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well you could do this in a few different ways...

one...you could get a router...hook your dsl modem to the router..then your two computer's hooked to the router....run the network setup wizard on the xp machine...it will ask you if you want to make a network setup floppy..you would say yes..then run that on the me machine...thereby making the network...you would also need to enable file and print sharing to share all of the resources on the machines...

two..you could put two nic cards (assuming that it's not a usb modem) in the internet host computer....enable internet connection sharing...and also do the rest of the stups above (file print sharing..network setup wizard..)