Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp won't update

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you re-installed the modem software and checked for a firmware update

Advertisements

nogard

nogard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I will try to re-install the modem, and find updated drivers, the drivers are hard to find though.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which make and model is it?

nogard

nogard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
here is all I know about the modem

Type, Lucent Win Modem

Device ID: PCI/ven_11C1&DEV_044E&5SUBBY_044E123&REV_02\3&61AAA01&1&50

Modem INF Path: oem42.inf

nogard

nogard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I didn't get a chance to work with the modem on the desktop today.....I have a w32.licum, thingy on my notebook that the malware guys are helping me with......and I start tommrow on putting in new cabinets in the kichen, so it might be sunday, or mondsy before I can get to working on the desktop........sorry Keith....will post with a fallow up, when I get a chance to to the work on the desktop.......

I still have problems with it, and I am sure you and I can figure it out.....until then have a good weekend.

PS: if you know a good place to get the drivers for the modem posted above, send me a link.......

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Ok, will look for them, they must be about, probably on driverguide, though you have to register free to get them

http://members.drive...ex.php?action=r

If you don't want to register anywhere we can look somewhere else

nogard

nogard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Kieth I will get back to this topic monday night some time...I have been putting in new Just another spammer, and My other computer.....My notebook got a nasty virus, and orther probs that I am working out on these forums, sorry for the delay.........it seems when it rains it pours.