Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NIC could not be used because of change of slot position

• Please log in to reply

redwave250443

redwave250443

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
A NIC can be used normally when it is placed PCI slot 1,accessing internet is ok, etc. The NIC could not works well once it has been changed into other PCI slot 2 while the connection symbol at the bottom of task bar indicates excalmatory mark in it. Why does it appear this situation? I did not do anything except exchanging it's position. Any help are greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
From what I can tell, from what your are saying, is that it is still reading that the card and there is a exclamation mark showing you that there is a conflict somewhere. You might need to reinstall the driver for it, I would try that first.

Second, do you have anything different you can plug into the PCI slot to see if the slot might not be working? If you put something in there and it works… then you have ruled out the PCI slot as the problem.

Try those 2 thing if that does not work let me know.
..oh ya ...what happen when you first put it into the 2nd PCI slot and booted windows... did windows find it and try to load the drivers for it??

redwave250443

redwave250443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Oh, Windows XP could find it and not works well!!!