Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Agg

• Please log in to reply

smky143

smky143

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
So I went from the 4 sticks of ram to 2 sticks in the hopes it would run back at 400mhz where it should. Nope only runs at 333mhz with a cas lat of 3ns. It seems as though anything over 512mb of ram on this board wont run any faster than 333mhz this sucks i can run 2 sticks for a tot of 512mb and no prob but 2 for 1gb runs at 333mhz. 8(

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
You don't think that maybe, just maybe, telling us what motherboard and what brand memory you got would help, do you?

smky143

smky143

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Ha, so picky. Intel D915PGN. At first I thought I had some bad ram but thats not the case. Thanks for any help guys!! The ram is 2X512 crucial ddr pc3200 unbuff. I also have some other cheap ram that I had and it did the same thing but i had 2 sets for a total of 1g, I beleive it was kingston.

Edited by smky143, 23 February 2006 - 04:47 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you A tried reading the memory section in the manual for the configuration speed tables and such, and B have you tried manually readjusting the ram speed in bios.

smky143

smky143

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
got it, im retarded.just set the bios and its running at 400mhz with 2 cat lat. sorry guys i had it set to aggressive and didnt set the #'s. I am so happy now, you guys are great.

Edited by smky143, 23 February 2006 - 05:08 PM.