Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Panostandalone

• Please log in to reply

papabig

papabig

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Inadvertently began download and did not finish, now it just starts over and over. How do I delete?

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geekstogo,
do a search on your computer of the programs name and a folder should pop up with the exact same name. This should remove this problem. However next time please post under the correct subject, as this has nothing to do with internet explorer or any browsers.
thanx
James

big tooth

big tooth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just went through the panostandalone fiasco myself.Turns out its not a thing to remove but file(s) to restore. In my case three file(s) are located on a cd titled HP Photosmart R717 digital camera Image Zone S\W. The three are a panostandalone folder, a cab file, and an msi file. I supplied the disk that Windows Installer was craving and shortly after the problem was resolved. I suppect that your problem is similar to mine. Good luck.

Edited by big tooth, 06 March 2006 - 05:17 AM.

rickncari

rickncari

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Big Tooth, Thank you very much for your post. My issue was also the hp photo software. this was very helpful. Now does anyone have an idea as to why the files were lost. Thank you again :tazz:

Rick :)

MarcXp

MarcXp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the data here. It allowed me to get out of this "loop".

I had recently updated the HP software from the Software Update feature. From my perspective, I can only assume that it is this action that resulted in the need to re-insert the CD. I don't know this for sure, but this is my belief.

I noticed the message the first time my son switched users to get to his account; And noticed it earlier today when I resytarted my PC on my account.

Problem is not fixed with the proposed solution.

Marc

mystical1

mystical1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem after I had cleaned my registry. Inserting the HP Image Zone Disc quickly solved the problem.

rickncari

rickncari

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:blink: Hello, I found out what was removing ours i used a error eraser and it thought that the Hp software was an error. We have solved this issue. :whistling:

Edited by rickncari, 02 April 2006 - 11:09 AM.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
HP is junk.....too many useless softwares preinstalled for u...

Earl J Prignitz

Earl J Prignitz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
[topic="panstandalone"]resolved[/topic]

Thanks for all the help.

The HP disc solved the problem.

Earl J Prignitz

nctarheelone

nctarheelone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Panostandalone was driving me crazy too. I finally had to leave my HP installation disc in the CD drive as the pop-up would come out of nowhere and reappear again. I now put the panostandalone installation file on my desktop just in case it come back when I am using the CD drive for something else.

HP needs to supply a fix for this because it is really a pain. This has been a recent thing as my computer has been fine for the past two years.

Thanks for all the info on this subject.

Chuck

Onozo

Onozo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Big Tooth.
Thanks for your help, I sorted out the PanoStandAlone annoyance, by removing both following HP software, which were IMAGE ZONE 4.8.5 @ 165.00 Mb and IMAGE ZONE PLUS 4.8.5 @ 3.48 Mb.
Solution was straightforward - I just registered 'Geeks to Go' today, looking forward to resolving some more problems. Thanks.

texasarch

texasarch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
None of the above solves my PanoStanAlone or Photo Gallery problems. HP and their junk continues to make my otherwise lovely life miserable - even when removed. Yes I did do a registry clean-up about the time this started. Help - save me from HP [bleep]!