Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming Computer Build

• Please log in to reply

ShaneBelanger

ShaneBelanger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
cool, it sounds so easy now. The 4400 is $100.00 more than the 4200, can I justify the cost? Is it that much better? Also, I just saved myself a TON of money by switching to geico! not really actually by switching to zipzoomfly :tazz: thanks for all the info, keep it comin!! heres the mobo I chose. http://www.zipzoomfl...ductCode=242653 or this 1 http://www.zipzoomfl...ductCode=242615 one is sli and one isn't. I'm seriously doubting if I'll go sli because i'd have to get both at the same time

Shane

Advertisements

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
not sure about the SLI thing though, what happens if you get say, An XFX 6800GS, then 3 months later, get another from the same supplier, will there be a difference, i'm sure the BIOS won't matter with new nVidia drivers

ShaneBelanger

ShaneBelanger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
from what i understand there very possibly could be a difference, but in my opinion won't two 7800's just be overkill??

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The best way to upgrade is a a whole new card it almost always offers better performance and remember DX10 comes out in june makkein sli a bad idea.

ShaneBelanger

ShaneBelanger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
LOL what is DX 10????

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well at the moment we have DX 9 dx 10 is the next version. I could explain it but its easier if you ust read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_x

ShaneBelanger

ShaneBelanger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
o, i didn't know that DX meant direct X lol sry

Hammm

Hammm

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
so from the link, it sounds like if you have a DX 10 card, you can play DX9 or earlier games but if you have a DX9 card, you can't use DX10 stuff, am i right?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You cant use all the new stuff, but you will still be able to play the games in DX9 modes and some of the features in DX10 an DX9 card will be able to do just not the drastic stuff as MS worked with the manufacturers to make DX10 have its own very specific way of doing things which means DX10 gfx cards are fundamentally different from the DX9 brethern.