Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Connect

• Please log in to reply

Kingy

Kingy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi, under my program files folder i have 'Windows Media Connect' and 'Windows Media Connect 2' I believe they were installed on windows update.
As I never use this program, I want to uninstall it. Under control panel, 'Windows Media Connect' is listed but has no button to click to remove, I also cannot find an uninstall icon in either program folder.

I could just delete the folders from Program Files, however this would leave the icons in control panel, and isn't an efficient way to remove applications.

I just wondered if anyone knew of a way to uninstall the program.

Thanks, Andy :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.microsoft...ct/faq.aspx#2_3 this is a FAQ about what dmc is....it's apparently a system for streaming media over to a machine from another device..(one such device suggest here...is an xbox..or xbox360 do you have one connected to your machine? this doesn't seem like something that would be installed willie nillie by an update)...it says to use add/remove...but you don't see the remove button there...

try logging in as the true administrator in safe mode and see what happens

Kingy

Kingy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I don't have any such devices attached to PC. Logged in as true administrator and button was still not visible on add/remove programs.

I assume some uninstallation file or registry key is missing, i tried re-installing media connect but even that did not make the remove button appear! :tazz: