Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Burning Software

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
Okay,

I recently bought a LG DVD +/- R/RW Dual Layer Burner. It came with a cd that installs "Cyber Link DVD Solution". That installs, dvd producer, nero, in cd, etc. Now my question is that during setup on that disc that came with the burner there is two installation options. One which was the one I just mentioned (that was a bundled setup installation). And the other is titled "Install LG Auto F/W Update". I have'nt installed this part yet because I do not know what this is. I installed the first one that I mentioned and that put nero on my system and in cd, etc. But I have'nt done the second seperate installation option "LG Auto F/W Update" because I don't know what it is or what it does. When I click on it to install it, it says something like:

"LG ODD Autofirmware Update is needed when updating automatically".

What the [bleep] is this? some sort of program update? Or nothing special? Because if it's not anything I need I won't install it. I mean the first installation option put nero, in cd, dvd producer, etc. on my system. so do i need to use this next F/W one?

Please help me. And explain what this is and what it does, or if I don't need it let me know and I won't install it.

I will be waiting for your reply to make a decision of what I should do (whether i should install it or not) based upon your recommendation.

Thank You

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Firmware Updates apply to the CD Drive, if it runs well enough then leave it alone because firmware updates are not reversible and not all of them improve things