Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML/Flash Help

• Please log in to reply

Ben-416

Ben-416

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi i'm looking for somebody to help me get my new site up,I have bought a Flash template but i'm not sure how to add HTML and i'm blank when it comes to editing flash,anychance I can speek to somebody on MSN or AIM?Thanks

i'l arrange some money in return for your time.

{edited out email address to prevent SPAM}

Edited by coachwife6, 25 February 2006 - 03:42 PM.

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Hi there Ben-416,

This is a free site, we don't need pay to help here :tazz: Rather than talk on an instant messaging client, why don't we talk here so that multiple people can help you.

If they gave you a .SWF file, to include it in your HTML file put it in this bit of code. Be sure to replace the file and attributes with your own.

<object width="x" height="y">
<param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
<embed src="somefilename.swf" width="x" height="y">
</embed>
</object>

- Matt

Ben-416

Ben-416

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi,thanks for the reply...

I have most of it sorted now,I jsut need somebody with flash mx knowledge to replace some text with my logo is possible,and then i'm having trouble wioth some .txt files,the flash movie uses txt files for the text that shows up in the flash movie so that people dont have to edit the flash movie to change text,these text files are used in the same way as HTML,but no matter what I cant get a picture to show up?thanks so far

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Maybe this link will help you:

Importing External Text Into Flash MX Using a Text File

Ron