Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pic viewing problem

• Please log in to reply

tenzi

tenzi

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
-hey all

i don't know what i did But the problem is when i try to open up any image that is on my desktop it gives the below mentioned error..And the other thing, earlier when eva i save any pic .. Can geek ppl help me out of this..
--------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Picture%20004_jpg[1].jpg
---------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\Picture%20004_jpg[1].jpg is not a valid Win32 application.

OK

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.dougknox..../file_assoc.htm
download and install the jpeg association fix

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
thnks very much .. its now working good ........

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
:tazz:

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
hey gerryf,
One more question, i am using this hp a1328x which i bought recently ... it comes with so many media player onloaded.. real player, windows media player, sonic, rhapsody, Intervideo WinDvD,HP music, Windows moview maker, muvee auto producer............Do i need all these things with me ........

Eventhough i have unistall the Onload HP games from add & remove.. but its still there in programme.. how do u completely remove it from the harddesktop

Thank You

Tenzi

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
no, you don't need all those

When you say it is still there in programme, do you mean in c:\program files folder?

tenzi

tenzi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
when clik on the start button from the task bar , you get this option in which there is programme just above the documents and you get to see all those programme that are being installed in ones computer......

which media player u think i should keep.. cuz i have this dvd +writer with me .

thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sometimes, icons are left behind by uninstalls--right click the icon in the startmenu and choose DELETE

If it were me, I'd keep windows media player, Intervideo WinDvD,, Windows moview maker....but that's me

They really do not take up that much space