Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Removing Theme Icons

• Please log in to reply

Colt450011

Colt450011

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I installed a World of Warcraft theme earlier today. Along with the theme it installed Theme Manager. I didnt like the theme so I changed back to the Windows classic theme, by right clicking and selecting properties, some of the icons were still the ones from the custom theme. Then I uninstalled Theme Manager, as well as windowsblinds that I had installed a while back. Then I had to restart the computer. When it booted back up soem of the icons are still the ones that were on the World of Warcraft theme. I've tryed changing themes again, restarting again, but the custom icons wont go away... what should i do?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
right click DESKTOP, choose PROPERTIES, choose DESKTOP tab, choose CUSTOMIZE DESKTOP button

Select each icon and choose DEFAULT ICON

Colt450011

Colt450011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I did that, when im in the customize box i selected each icon, then clicked "restore default" for each then clicked ok, then ok in the properties window, still no change...

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
which icons, exactly, are messed up?

Colt450011

Colt450011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
the folder icons, they look like a backpack, and when you click start, lots of the icons look like little swords... and there are lots of others too, like internet looks different.. and email, the ones from the start menu

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
where'd you get this world of warcraft theme and manager?

Colt450011

Colt450011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
www.worldofwarcraft.com the official site, i bet its something really easy..... i just cant figure out how to get it off, maybe ill post something in the forums there.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
it appears the easy way would be to reinstall the theme manager and choose RESTORE THE ORIGINAL WINDOWS XP theme

Colt450011

Colt450011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
yeah, ill try that next.

Colt450011

Colt450011

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
alright, I got it, i downloaded theme manager, and told it to apply the default windows xp theme, and it didnt work at first. then i decided to apply another theme and then after that try to restore, in the process it made me download a "icon packager" program, and that ended up doing the trick, thanks the for help :tazz: