Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msconfig

• Please log in to reply

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi all,
Im looking for an application which has the ability to use personalised profiles with msconfig.
I often have to uncheck numerous startup items within msconfig when i want to reboot my system for use with Sims2 as with it being very resource heavy, I need pretty much everything to be shut down when I play it.

Does such a program exist? Is what im looking for even possible?
...or sould i just continue doing this manually everytime i need to reboot for Sims?

Thank you.

Advertisements

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Can anyone help with this please?
Thank you.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you install a programme to do this then it is another one running, you will need to untick boxes then reboot, then to re-enable things, tick all the boxes again and reboot, which is probably slower than typing msconfig and putting the dot in normal start up to enable everything and rebooting

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Point taken. :tazz:
Thank you.

Edited by cyberdyne, 04 March 2006 - 07:30 AM.