Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering OS

• Please log in to reply

vietdragon12

vietdragon12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello, I have been having troubles formatting. Everytime I insert my recovery disk into my comp and restart the cd wont read, so I changed the boot order and put my cd-rom drive in 1st, now when I restart my comp the recovery cd reads and gives me options, but none of the options work because my hard drive wont read, therefore when I select to install windows or to do a format it wont read C:\, sorry to bother you but im really confused, thanks

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I don't understand what you mean by your hard drive won't read. At what point does the restore stop, and what error essage are you getting?

Johanna

vietdragon12

vietdragon12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well.. since i changed CD-Rom to 1st and hard drive 2nd, im not sure but im assuming that only the cd is being loaded and the hard drive isnt? because when i choose the option to do a quick format, or full format, or to install windows xp, it says invalid drive and doesn't read c:\ ? and then it goes back to the option menu in like 1 second because it wont read drive c, so im stuck n i cant format ? :tazz: