Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serious Problem..

• Please log in to reply

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I used PortForward.com and I was enabling Static IP in my Netgear Control Panel...And I accidently locked myself out of the control panel basically I enabled Static IP and I entered the IP address in properties part of my wired connections in the "Network Connections" area od Windows and now I can't reaccess my router.
I'm in desperate straits as people will kill me if I don't get the DSL running by seven today...In exactly eight hours.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what model of router is it?
all you should have to do is reset the router..usually by holding in the reset button...unplugging it...while holding the button in...then plug it back in...still holding the button...that should reset back to default...

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

what model of router is it?
all you should have to do is reset the router..usually by holding in the reset button...unplugging it...while holding the button in...then plug it back in...still holding the button...that should reset back to default...

Netgear WGR614 V6.....I am so confused.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

This section explains how to restore the factory default configuration settings, changing the
router’s administration password to password and the IP address to 192.168.0.1. You can erase the
current configuration and restore factory defaults in two ways:
• Use the Erase function of the router (see “Erasing the Configuration” on page 6-7).
• Use the Default Reset button on the rear panel of the router. Use this method for cases when
the administration password or IP address is not known.
To restore the factory default configuration settings without knowing the administration password
or IP address, you must use the Default Reset button on the rear panel of the router.
1. Press and hold the Default Reset button until the power light blinks on (about 10 seconds).
2. Release the Default Reset button and wait for the router to reboot.
If the wireless router fails to restart or the power light continues to blink or turns solid amber,
the unit may be defective. If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should
contact technical support.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I tried and it failed give me a sec to give you a screenshot to show you my woes.

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Nevermind guys...I had the wonder tech crew at NetGear help me out after two phone calls thanks for your support anyways.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what was their sollution?

FourthMarineDiv

FourthMarineDiv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
It's rather complex but it follows this...Unplug router. Leave DSL running while running though the unplugged router ((By unplugged I mean the power cord. )) and type routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm and I was able to access the Control and enable dynamic Ip configuration from the Control Panel.

Edited by FourthMarineDiv, 27 February 2006 - 09:18 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
glad they figured that out...never would have known to do that....