Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server running slowly even after memory upgrade

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
IF...he charged your office to upgrade that computer to xp..and you payed for the copy of xp...which im sure you did...then that tech should never visit your office again.....as IF that HJT log was from your host computer (the server) then it's still running ME...not a trace of XP on it...except for some theoretical service pack...which you can't or at least...shouldn't be able to install on an ME machine....my suggestion is to call this guy up and get him back on site to fix all of these problems...then find a new service tech

Advertisements

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

IF...he charged your office to upgrade that computer to xp..and you payed for the copy of xp...which im sure you did...then that tech should never visit your office again.....as IF that HJT log was from your host computer (the server) then it's still running ME...not a trace of XP on it...except for some theoretical service pack...which you can't or at least...shouldn't be able to install on an ME machine....my suggestion is to call this guy up and get him back on site to fix all of these problems...then find a new service tech

That HJT log was not from the Host server it was from my computer. I am networked to the Host and my operating system in ME

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

That HJT log was not from the Host server it was from my computer. I am networked to the Host and my operating system in ME

Is there any way that I can run a HJT Scan of the host computer from my computer?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you walk to the host computer and log on locally? or can you connect to it remotely? for me to see what's going on on that server i need information from the server..

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

can you walk to the host computer and log on locally? or can you connect to it remotely? for me to see what's going on on that server i need information from the server..

I can access all of his files from my computer. Is there anyway I can run the scan that way? He is using his computer.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't care about the FILES on the host computer...i'm just getting conflicting info here and i wanna make sure i'm helping you correctly...what i wanted in the beginning were the full system specs...mainly hardware..of the computer you are calling the host...the only reason i went into the gobbeldygook of an HJT log is because you posted conflicting info about xp and me...

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Please go HERE and skip to step 5 (Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log). Follow all of the steps for scanning your computer and generating a log. when the scan is complete, press the "Save log" button. A "Save Log file" dialog box will appear. Type Hijackthis.txt for the file name and make sure that "save as type" is set to "all files". Save this file to a location that you will remember (your desktop is good). Now on your next post ATTACH this newly created txt file with your next post.
DO NOT POST THE CONTENTS OF THE HIJACK THIS LOG. This will encourage others to do this as well and we do not want that.

Here is the Hijack.txt for the Host Computer
thank you

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...i don't see anything in that (i'm not an expert but..)
http://www.geekstogo...=download&id=13 download that and install and run it on the host compouter...attatch the log that it creates with your next post

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

http://www.geekstogo...=download&id=13 download that and install and run it on the host compouter...attatch the log that it creates with your next post

Here is the other report from the Host

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Advertisements

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Here it is

Attached Files

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...the system deffinitely meets the requirements...

what exactly is slower? just interacting with the server? or...what?

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

well...the system deffinitely meets the requirements...

what exactly is slower? just interacting with the server? or...what?

When working on that computer, it is like a snail. All the processes take quite some time to open and if you use the internet, it takes about 3-5 seconds before you can type anything while it is loading. My computer is networked to that computer and it is running smoothly and is not slow at all. I just don't understand.

ecarder

ecarder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

When working on that computer, it is like a snail. All the processes take quite some time to open and if you use the internet, it takes about 3-5 seconds before you can type anything while it is loading. My computer is networked to that computer and it is running smoothly and is not slow at all. I just don't understand.

The host computer is the server.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so basically....if you're logged onto the host locall (sitting infront of it) it's slower than poop...but...any transactions from y our desktop...to the server are fine?