Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP my computer won't start up!

• Please log in to reply

Atrio05

Atrio05

• Pip
  • 8 posts
well recently my computer has been having trouble starting up. the problem was it would freeze right in the middle of the POST test but after the HDD activitey light would stop blinking i restarted and after a few times of freezeing it would start up fine. but recently i have gotten a CMOS checksum error during the POST test but i restarted and it worked like it normally did. then a few days fter that i got the Primary HDD fail error. but that too went away. but lately it's been taking more and more restarts to get it to turn on so i thought maybe that the bios were currupted so i Qflashed them to the ones supplyed by GIGABYTE (i got the right ones mine were for the GA-8ID533 Rev 1.1) and after flashing the bios i restarted and it did the same thing as before it froze in the POST test but then i restarted it and it just sat at a blank screen and the HDD light goes out after like 30 seconds. can some body please help me out on how to fix this problem i have important stuff on that PC the i need to work on. and i really would like it to work agian. PLEASE HELP

Edited by Atrio05, 27 February 2006 - 06:02 PM.

Advertisements

Atrio05

Atrio05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is there anybody here who has any idea on something i can do to fix the situation?

kruhl

kruhl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Check your caps on your motherboard. If the x on the top of them is rounded\leaking then you need to either replace them or your whole motherboard

Atrio05

Atrio05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
man that sux! how'd you kno that it was the capacitors were the problem? do they go after a few years? A few of mine are pushed out and one or two are kinda leaking. so how do i go about replacing them like how do i take them out and how do i put them back in.