Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rate 1500 Budget PC

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
NTFS is the reccomended format as its more efficient and is the files system that windows is optimised for. Fat32 works just not quite as well.

Its only hard if you make it hard, its usually a piece of cake if youve done your homework.

Advertisements

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
im justtrying to figure out how to install the mobo and how everything is ganna flow from there

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
btw about them amd opterons should i get one of those and overclock em or awt i could sure use the money i save

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
i had the same question of how hard is it going to be to install everything, it was actually extremely easy for me need atleast, it didnt work at first so i was worried i messed up something so i just unplugged then replugged everything back in and it worked, i honestly did not even use the manuals it came with except for the proccessor because i did not know how to apply thermal paste. but all u nhave to do is look at mobo and it tells u everything u need to connect to what. (wires have codes aswell for me atleast)

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
arg u gatta apply the paste waa how long does this paste long and when do u need to add a fresh coat of paste for it?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
READ ALL THE MANUALS BEFORE HAND, not to is just incredibly stupid and they contain all the informationg required you can get them before hand in PDF format from manufacturer websites.

Get an opteron if you want its identical to install to a normal X2 its just up to you wether you want to get faster ram and a better HSF to overclock.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
alright good to know im scared i might mess up badly and fry my whole rig =(

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

alright good to know im scared i might mess up badly and fry my whole rig =(

Here in italy you can ask the site to build the computer with the components you bought...It costs 60 euros and is insured 100%...

But i don't know about newegg or other sites :tazz:

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
i wouldnt trust a site with 1500 dolalrs worth of pc parts to build em for me id rather build it myself and if i mess up warrenty time =)

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
sweet parts will arrive on the 22nd thx jrm20

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
cool, on the 22nd huh thats my birthday lol.

Have fun putting it together cya.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
hah happy B-Day mate the cpu part scares me the most apply the paste and putting it in the mobo
btw should i get a 64 bit os for maximum performance or does Xp pro sp2 work best?

Edited by FuM, 18 March 2006 - 02:29 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If youre getting a retail cpu with the stock cooler the paste is the pre applied stuff, just make sure you know what you are doing before hand otherwise youll either make an [bleep] of it and not get it on or get it on but let the paste be exposed to the air to long.

With vista coming out i would just get a normal xp home and then get the 64 vista.

FuM

FuM

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
IS this a good powersupply it really looks good and packs a nice 680watts

ASPIRE ATX-AS600W-BL 600W Power Supply
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817148025
also what is a shadow card i saw that thing when looking at pictures of my mobo

Edited by FuM, 18 March 2006 - 09:08 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
It looks pretty good. It is $95 and you can get a better known brand like antec,enermax or thermaltake for same price or few bucks cheaper but it wont have the all the lights and stuff..

Up to you.