Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

website hacked by malicious code

• Please log in to reply

lotusgennie

lotusgennie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi

i happened to browse my website and i found an alert message saying 'Reported attack site'. I checked my files and found a one line script of malicious code in many pages.
THey were redirecting my site to some virus containing site where maliciuos content was automatically being downloaded.

Each time i clean the pages, the codes apperas again

help.... :)

Advertisements

suembroidery

suembroidery

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My site was hacked one year ago.

You need to remove the malicious code from every page of your site. If there is still one page left with the malicious code, your site is still under attack, no matter how many pages you have cleaned.

mouse

mouse

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Best bet is, if you have a back up (which you should) that is clean, you should just remove the site make sure its clean and re upload. But also, if you run on *sql it is probably infected and putting the code into the site. Might want to check that too.