Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

31 Days of the Dragon Contest Submission Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
HP Pavilion HDX Contest!

GeeksToGo.com has been chosen to be part of the 31 days of the Dragon sponsored by HP. As part of this marketing campaign, each participating site creates their own contest to give away an HP Pavilion HDX Dragon notebook. If purchased, the package value is over $5,000! Package details here.

Posted Image

Contest Overview

Simply print the Geeks to Go logo. Display it in an unusual, creative or funny place and take a picture or video of it. Update: If you don't have a printer, display on a monitor or other device is allowed. Reminder, no photo editing software allowed. Reply in this topic (free registration required) with your picture or video. From the pool of contestants who properly enter the logo competition, a random entry will be chosen as the Grand Prize, HP "Dragon" notebook winner... In addition, the entries judged as the Most Creative Photo and Most Creative Video will be awarded Windows Vista Ultimate (full retail), courtesy of Geeks to Go. Have some fun with it! Take the logo somewhere interesting, exciting, or strange. Submit only a photo OR a video, not both. One entry per person.

We hope you'll have fun creating your submissions, and enjoy viewing other entries. Here is the Geeks to Go logo. You will find it available below in popular file types.

Posted Image

PDF Format | PNG Format | PSD Format | EPS Format

Contest Rules

• Entries will only be accepted in this forum topic. Entries in any other areas of the site will be void.
  • ONE entry per person. Those entering more than once will be disqualified (it's easy to catch).
  • Only a photo OR video entry may be submitted, not both.
  • Contest dates and times: 12:01am CDT May 13th - 11:59pm CDT May 20th (this topic only open during the contest).
  • Geeks to Go is a family friendly site. Any images submitted that break this rule will be disqualified and removed.
  • Images that have been digitally enhanced or manipulated are not allowed. No Photoshop or other photo editing software allowed.
  • Do not do anything illegal or irresponsible to win this contest, it's not worth it. If we find that a law was broken, the submission will be discarded. Be responsible please.
  • All images submitted to the contest become the property of Geeks to Go and will be displayed for everyone to see. Remember your own personal privacy and safety when taking these pictures.
  • The Grand Prize Winner will be notified immediately at the conclusion of the contest, using the email address used to register.
  • This is an International competition. All members and staff are eligible to win.

Posting your submission

There are a number of image hosting options for your submissions. Choose one that suits you. Please ask in the Discussion Topic if you are having problems posting your images using one of these services.

Sites that require registration

Flickr
Photobucket
Webshots
Windows Live Spaces

Sites that do not require registration

ImageShack.us
imgPlace.com
TinyPic.com

After your image is posted simply place image tags around the URL:
[img]http://urltoyourimage[/img]

Sites to host videos

PhotoBucket
YouTube
AOL Video
Google Video

You can link to your video, or embed Youtube images using the Youtube tags:
[youtube]http://youtubeurl[/youtube]

If you can't get any of the above services to work, you can embed the images in your post

• Press the "Add Reply" button Posted Image
  • In the "Attachments" section, press the "Browse" button Posted Image
  • Locate the image you would like to post, highlight it, and press the "open" button
    Posted Image
  • Press the "Upload" buttonPosted Image
  • Press the arrow on the right side of the "Current Attachments" box Posted Image
  • Click the icon with the GREEN plus sign on it to embed your image into the post
    Posted Image
  • Press the "Add Reply" button Posted Image
==================================================================

This thread is not for discussion. Please limit any replies to this thread for submissions only. All discussion related to this contest should happen in the 31 Days of the Dragon Discussion Thread. Any posts that are made without a submission will be deleted by a member of the mod team.

Good luck everyone! :)

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
A reminder that this topic is ONLY for contest entries. We have another topic for questions, comments, and discussion here: http://www.geekstogo...ad-t196851.html

FYI, topic subscriptions are enabled by default. If you'd like to unsubscribe, and not receive email notifications every time an entry is posted, you can find instructions here.

Matt Sharpe

Matt Sharpe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Posted Image

PengLord

PengLord

• Pip
  • 3 posts
That logo just belongs on mechanics-style t-shirts and on the sides of cars...
(full size pic available)

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG0840_2_.jpg

matt_h

matt_h

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
First post in a long long time...

Posted Image

homsar

homsar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Posted Image

GGCO

GGCO

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sweet! This is finally open! Well here is my picture. I took it in the hallway of my office. Thanks for the opportunity!

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0403.JPG

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Posted Image

uxorius

uxorius

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so I'm in the middle of my first year med exams and there is no way I can go out and do something extreme. This is the only thing that i could come up with! BTW, I will be recycling all the papers (for the tree lovers).

'There's something wrong about today'
Posted Image

mobilechrisd

mobilechrisd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here you go...

DSC02876.JPG

Thank you.

CD

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Well, he doesn't look too friendly here. Didn't really like the logo, I guess :)

Posted Image

My printer re-designed the GeeksToGo logo. How do you like the orange colors? :)

T3Knical5urg3

T3Knical5urg3

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My contribution

Posted Image

phreaker18

phreaker18

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ABSOLUTE is my poison...

GADGETS are my passion... and a