Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to Remove WinAntiSpyware 2007 (removal instructions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

How-to remove WinAntiSpyware 2007 (removal instructions)

WinAntiSpyware 2007 is a rogue anti-spyware application that uses scareware tactics. It gives the appearance of scanning and detecting spyware, and then attempts to deceive by presenting false, misleading scan results and/or pestering users into purchasing the program using intrusive, deceptive warnings.

WinAntiSpyWare 2007:
Posted Image

Credit: Atribune

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log in a reply to this thread.
Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

If the WinAntiSpyware infection is still present, please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum.

Posted Image Have you've found the VundoFix removal tool useful? Please consider a donation to the author: Atribune.org.

WinAntiSpyware Alternate fix: (use only if the above fix didn't work)
1) Download VirtumundoBegone
2) Save VirtumundoBeGone.exe to your desktop.
3) Run VirtumundoBeGone.exe and follow the instructions. Do not worry if you see a BLUE SCREEN "Fatal Error" Message, this is normal and expected.
4) When it has finished, reboot.

It will create a log on your desktop called VBG.TXT, if the infection is still present, post this log and a HiJackThis log in the Malware Removal Forum.

=====================================================================
Are you still having problems with WinAntiSpyware 2007, or other malware on your system? Please start a new topic in our Malware Removal Forum, after following these instructions.

Other Sources:
WinAntiSpyware @ StopBadware.org | WinAntiSpyware @ Sunbelt Research

Advertisements

waiwai

waiwai

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi

I've downloaded the VundoFix, after, i double clicked on it and wanted to run it, it didnt work
same with, HijackThis, and "some" programs that i saved on my desktop

Edited by waiwai, 01 March 2008 - 06:55 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hello!

this winantispyware 2007 looked almost the same with what I am infected right now-- it says its an Antivirus2008 and it scans my laptop almost every hour and then it suddenly pops out a list of trojans that it detected; and kept reminding me to purchase the program!

i have used the programs recommended below- the Vundofix.exe. After scanning, it says, NO INFECTIONS FOUND. I looked at the Antivirus2008 icon and its still there in my desktop.

im not sure if i still need to post in the HJT forum, since i didnt have any problems doing the steps.. And it says i am not infected.. I just wonder how I can be able to remove this Antivirus2008 icon :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You will need to head over to the Malware Removal forum

Sounds like there are some remains left over

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

You will need to head over to the Malware Removal forum

Sounds like there are some remains left over

Thank you! :) I'm headed there now

metaphorical_blinders

metaphorical_blinders

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
WoooooHooo! Its gone!!!

I followed the malware cleaning guide and at step one, using MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE, it totally slaughtered the culprits!

Yay! Thanks to everyone for putting up an amazingly helpful website...

Godbless all Geeks! :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Malware Bytes is a very good spyware remover :)

Glad your problem got fixed

extrasolid

extrasolid

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a serious problem, i was attacked by winspyware and i can't see any of my hard drives or access the task mangager,
what can i do?

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Hello,

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

Thunderbird1988

nd3457

nd3457

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My PC was infected by WinAntiSpyware 2007I last weekend. But I manage to cleaned my PC from this Spyware by following the advise which I found in this forum. Therefore I would like to express my gratitude to you for your wonderful advice.

Once again, Thank You very much.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Thank you for letting us know it worked for you

Glad we could help

Feifong

Feifong

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm having somewhat the same problem with Anti-virus XP 2008. I went to a site that ask for me to update wmcodec, thinking of it as just a basic media update I thought nothing of it. After downloading wincodec.exe It immediately installed fAnti-virus XP 2008. I have NOD 32 and it detected the trojan immediately. However something seemed to bypass NOD and allowed for the program to download. The anti-virus xp 2008 says that I have 563 infected virus/trojans. On the flip side the trojan that has been found by NOD32 reads as follows...

"C:\\Win32/TrojanDownloader.FakeAlert.DJ trojan"

The file that brought this about is wmcodec_update.exe

I don't think this is a paralyzing virus opposed to just being a nuisance.

I would really appreciate any insight or solution that could be brought about to this problem.

-Thank you

-T

Edited by Feifong, 10 August 2008 - 06:24 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Head over to the malware removal forum, read the sticky threads and follow the steps there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.