Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer fine, real problem is what coffee should ....

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I drink coffee in the daytime but am a bit fed up with this instant stuff and am looking for something better(hence post), evenings I won't budge form a mug of TGtips(tea). So what oils the wheels of your gray matter then?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
my favorite coffee is community coffee...made in louisianna...best stuff there ever was..dark roast...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Anything they have in the coffee sho or in the union, i usually drink mocha. But ive actually switched away from drinking alot of coffee and tea during the day and have been drinking fruit juice and im feeling better for it.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Me too, love/hate thing with coffee, need it in the morning though. I hear Americans don't drink much tea, could be the same problem as when I am here on the continent. The bistro's either serve wine or coffee but the tea is always awful. One small point, glass of wine 2francs 50cts(I don't drink) whereas coffee is 3francs(Swiss) well coffee is imported I believe.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah also there is a surplus of wine if the news is to be believed so thats why it would be cheap, dont drink wine so i wouldnt know prices, alcohol consumption is limited to beer and of course being scottish whisky and not often preferablly as they both cost to much(still feeling last weekends pissup with one of the guys back from basra), what is it with people drinking things we know wont do us anygood, we are all a bit crazy i think.

But seriously fruit juice is brilliant, i cant remeber the brand im drinking at the moment but its great, its the apple but its not the clear concentrated stuff but the nice dark stuff. I can tell when ive had to resort to drinking the usual mocha with two sugars in the morning doesnt set you up so well.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
In the US, the two best tasting brands of coffee are Chock Full o'Nuts (yellow and black can) and Eight O'clock, which is usually bought as beans and either ground at the store or at home. Percolating coffee can make even mediocre brands like Maxwell House and Folgers taste good. (When you can smell the coffee, it's done) I have lived in cities where the tap water was so bad it was worth buying bottled water for coffee, too. The real secret to good coffee is to take the time to enjoy it while it's hot, and maybe share the time with a dear friend.

Johanna

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Dunkin' Donuts coffee hands' down is the absolute best. I order it online.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I have a friend who showed me that if you add a very small amount of salt it teasts better, and yes I didn't believe her till I tried it, just a few gains though.