Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device Manager is EMPTY!

• Please log in to reply

m_patient

m_patient

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a client that runs a LOT of pro audio software...namely Steinberg Cubase sx3 and Nuendo 3 which are conveniently the programs he's asking me to help him with.

Recently he changed some settings and disabled something in the device manager that has seemingly resulted in it appearing blank.......For the life of me, I cant figure out what he's done.

After timidly attempting a few recovery options, i'm hesitant to try anything more than loading the last known good configuration due to the risk of losing any of his data.....which is quite substantial.....over 100GB on the drive in question.

HE made it clear that the problems seeemed to him to be directly related to these two programs, and he only started changing things upon experiencing them malfuncion.....things he THOUGHT were appropriate actions.....although now he, nor I can seem to figure out what THINGS he changed.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would do one of the following
do a system restore to a date prior to his "monkey business"

or

Try the following: