Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Holiday times near, nope but still I would like....

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
If you have a bike, or a bicycle, or just like that big open space on foot, post a route that you have done and that you like please.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't walk unless i've got somewhere to go...so...to that end...i hike alot in the efforts to get to a rock to climb...always enjoyable...even if i almost keel over on the hike in...

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I like to walk along the union canal to muiravonside park you can get down to the park from the aquaduct now as they built a staircase its quite cool. I used to cycle it in the days i had a bike, its a great walk in the summer, round linlithgow loch is a nice short walk. lots of random walks rounds lochs and hills or along beaches when we go up north on holiday, boy do i need a holiday.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Nice, I will google it for photos then, tks.

Looks interesting, found link about it too.

http://www.falkirkon.....ide Park.aspx

Edited by fleamailman, 08 March 2006 - 02:42 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a nice place very idylic in the summer, only wish there were more areas of scotland left like that round about here. The tunnel is quite cool if you ever go through it very dark very fun as a child. Beecraigs park is good as well but its a forestry commision(was actually built by WWII POWs) and all the trees are in nice neat rows which kinda spoils the forest experience but its still nice.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I haven't done it in twenty years I think but the Crags and Arthur's seat are places like London's statue of Peter Pan, which one always go back to without really knowing why. It is like when I was in NewYork and thinking this is heaven being lost on the underground and eating a baigle.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know ive lived 40 miles from edinburgh and i go to Edinburgh uni now and you know i have never been up arthurs seat(and the crags i only know cause its also the name of the pub there), shocking isnt it, ive also never seen william wallaces claymore either.

New york we got lost it was a pretty scary experience actually, thankfully we found a policeman that knew they way back to the apartment. Chicago is a good place full of things to see, its not as nice a city as Edinburgh but its fairly close, walks along lake michigan we stayed right at the bottom of navy pier and used to walk to the field museum or the zoo on alternate days. And theres a great totally shady burger bar called billy goats underneath michigan avenue if youre in chicago go there its great we only knew about it cause my dad worked there and went wandering(as he does having little in the way of sense if direction) and he found it.

The walk through princes gardens is nice in the summer a bit of tranquility in the city a little bubble of eden. Although my longest ramble these days is the walk to Kings building for my labs in afternoons(what i wouldnt give for a campus uni some days.

And if you ever go to Ballater(near balmoral) its honestly one of the most beautiful places ive ever been, we stayed at the hilton resort and the hill it sits at the foot of is a nice afternoon walk and has an amazing view of the valley and the river Dee.

Edited by warriorscot, 08 March 2006 - 05:11 PM.