Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3 versions of windows xp on my computer

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Restart the computer.

As soon as Windows opens and you see the Windows desktop, click Start, then Run, and type cmd (or if no Start button...Ctrl + Alt + Delete and click the "New Task" button on the lower right)...press "Enter".

Type shutdown -i and press "Enter".

In the Remote Shutdown Dialog that opens, do the following:

Click "Add", type your computer's name into the Add Computers dialog box, and then click "OK".

In the "Display warning for" field, type 9999

Type the following text in the Comment box: Delay Lsass.exe shutdown and click "OK".

Edited by wannabe1, 15 March 2006 - 12:08 AM.

Advertisements

lacers5

lacers5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
ok. for some reason this time i got the start menu and i followed your directions. now i am just getting that my computer is infected and the spyfalcon and spy sheriff......

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok....Now get over to Malware and let the experts help you clean your machine up. If we need to recover some files, I can help you with that...but we need to get the creeping crud off the machine while it's running. The link will take you a page to get you started...just follow the directions and then post a HJT log for them to analyze.

Did I mention this might be a tricky one? Looks like we're going to pull it off, though! :tazz:

wannabe1