Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird problem opening a site

• Please log in to reply

skalzey

skalzey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Any help with this frustrating problem would be much appreciated.

I have been a Napster subscriber for a while and stream music through their player. Yesterday, the service suddenly wouldn't let me sign on. I tried to go to napster.com and got the 'this page cannot be displayed' message. I tried napster.co.uk and got the same thing. In fact, I cannot access any web pages from napster at all.

I thought it might be at their end, so called my friend and he had no problems accessing the sites. I tried my laptop - same problem. My handheld ux50 also cannot access the sites at all.

I switched off my router's firewall. Didn't make any difference. Same thing with XP's firewall.

I called my ISP, Pipex, and they had no ideas. They said they weren't blocking it and there were no problems with my account.

The problem can't be malware because it happened simultaneously on three different systems, so that means I am being blocked by somebody, I guess.. Could Napster themselves have somehow stopped me from accessing their web pages?

Thanks for reading.

Advertisements

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
If you tried, as you said, 3 different IP's to logon then yes you probably have been blocked. Try logging on from your friends system, if you don't get access then they have denied you permission.