Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this normal?

• Please log in to reply

shepard

shepard

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I run an full AdAware scan and it finds 40 cookies which I then remove. I then immediately run another scan with ScanSpyware and it will find maybe 30 cookies. If I run the AdAware scan second the results are similar. It seems like no program catches all the cookies. Is this normal? Even though I choose the complete or full scanning options, are there some folders that don't get scanned?

Interestingly, I usually find nothing when I run a scan with MS AntiSpyware???

Advertisements

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo!

I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.
If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijackthis log in this thread.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

shepard

shepard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I think it is resolved for now. I uninstalled ScanSpyware and now use SpywareBlaster along with AdAware and MS Antispyware. Any truth to the rumpr that MS will be charging 40.00+ per year for their antispyware program when the beta period expires this summer?

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello shepard,

If that is indeed true, I can think of some much better programs that would be worth paying for instead.