Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU running at 100%

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Aha! We have found your problem. :whistling:

Now for the solution...

I'm not that familiar with operating on laptops, so take your problem to the hardware forum and ask them how to open up and clean the dust from your laptop. Also let them know that your laptop is overheating.

In addition, if the cleanning was not enough to resolve the heat, consider buying a laptop cooler. This is a device which has a similar shape to the laptop and it sits under it. It sucks in air and blows it onto the laptop to keep it cool.

Hope everything works out for you. :blink:

Edited by computerwiz12890, 12 April 2006 - 09:18 AM.

Advertisements

tohann

tohann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Very cool. Here's the new topic just in case you want to follow along. :help:

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=107682

Thanks so much for your help in diagnosing this problem! :whistling: :blink:

tohann

tohann

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
One last follow-up since my problem is fixed. :whistling:

The guys over at the other forum suggested I open the laptop up and clean it out. I didn't find much dust but there was apparently enough to cause it to overheat. I cleaned it out and have used the laptop several times since then and have had zero problems. It's even behaved better than before. Problem solved!!!

Thanks for all your help!
Trent