Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netsh help

• Please log in to reply

rohit

rohit

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi brothers,

My problem starts from here i live in India my ISP disconnects me evry night around 1 am when i have my downloading queued.I access the net through lan cards which are connected to hubs/switch's & the internet is shared.We get different packages with different speeds so i bought 2 packages of 256kbps & usin them simulatenously & getting speeds of 512kbps(combined)

Now at night around 1 am they disconnect me when i am sleeping ( the connection to internet is with their client/dialer).

What i plan to do is disconnect my adapter & relogin back to other adapter & vice versa so i am planning to use
netsh

the following commands i used

netsh interface set interface name="Local Area Connection 2"admin=disabled

I get the follwing error

Netwrok adapter not registered with router

But i dont have ny router at my place

Can u suggest me another way or am i doin some mistake

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I don't understand entirely what you mean...

But with ADSL lines that are constantly transferring data they will cut them off from time to time to stop that user using too much bandwidth...

This happens to me, a quick flick on my router's on and off switch and its working again, does get irritating sometimes though.