Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me build the fastest non-gaming cpu!

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
The only thing I am worried about is that power supply. I have had some BAD expieriences with Rosewill. I would recommend Antec, ThermalTake, OCZ, or Ultra.

Advertisements

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
If you want a non-pc get a Dual Core intel processor as they are much cheaper and preform much better in coding and stuff like that. The Athlon X2s are a good alround processor for gaming a multiple tasks it up to you if your ever gonna play a game i would get an Athlon X2.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They arent really cheaper for intels X2s often win out because they are cheaper and you can get faster than an equivalent intel.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
i saw on ebuyer there was a pentium D dual core for 100quid. If I were you I would get a Athlon X2 if you were gonna play games or thinking about playing them.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can get the 2.6 and 2.8s quite cheap but they performed worse than the single core chips when they came out.