Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pentagon flight 77 on 9/11

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I still wish this thread was closed, it is political and puts the powers that be on trial since this thread just splits members down the middle either into the "their means justifies the end" camp or "this is unjustifiable" camp. This thread would not be here at all if it was not for the rest of the problem(or all the other problems then) would it?

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I don't think this is political at all. Nobody here is like "Bush sucks" or "you are all consipiracy theorists who should be shot." Someone shared a link that makes ya think.

I think it just points out that the gov't might try to cover something up, but anyone who takes the time to analyze what they've given us can uncover that they 'lied.'

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i dont see a political side here just an interesting discussion upon a historical event. Its not neccesarilly about a conspiracy or that anyone has lied about anything just an interesting event that merits talking about. I quite enjoy talking about aircraft and demolotions being a long time air training corps. member i like that stuff and being someone with an interest in engineering the building is also fasinating and we talked about that.

No one has flamed i havent seen an argument, nothing untowards has occured and often it wont until people suggest closing threads in case something might happen in fact some of the most vigorous borerline debate happens not about topics but the argument to keep them open. This thread hadnt gotten a reply in four days and i doubt it would have gotten another for a very long time if ever had it not gotten a reply.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Thank you warrior for actually agreeing with me for the first time I've ever seen in these forums :whistling:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The problem comes when one relates this to the larger picture, truth is simply "do we believe the facts that have been given to be true and have they been correctly related to the general public" in other words "this,as well as the other things, is OK because of the war on terrorism justifies them, or that this government has gone too far causing a credability gap towards the American people and the rest of the world", or the government is giving us the truth each time and is doing a good job. I will not conclude here, nor give me own opinion seeing that this forum has decided to request a non political non religous stance from its members but to put my argument clearer, lets subsitute the plane crash for an assention into heaven, media coverage for the bible and ask "judging from what you know and see do you think what happened as reported in the bible was how it actually was" while thinking or claiming that this somehow wasn't a religious question.

Or on the other hand would it be OK to ask about Gitmo in a non political way then?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What????? Are we on the same topic. lol.

Edited by warriorscot, 17 June 2006 - 11:35 AM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Sorry Scot just trying to point out that this thread is political where we have been requested to pass no comment on that political matters, that is all. I feel it to be unfair because what I really want to say I can't here so the thread revolves around the facts as true or untrue whereas for me the thing to notice is way people have lost faith enough to even be question this.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
When this thread goes political, youll know, cuz Ill close it. A reminder for the rules of this forum, posted at the top of every page in this forum.

This forum is for serious, civilized and thoughtful debate regarding potentially controversial topics. Please remember to respect your fellow forum members. No name calling, personal attacks, insults, harassment, etc. State your opinions, but don't try to impose them on others. Due to their volatile and sensitive nature, we will not allow discussions related to abortion, religion, politics, or sex.
Posts that don't meet these guidelines may be edited or deleted at the moderator's discretion. Rules discussion here