Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

searching google

• Please log in to reply

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i was searching in google most of the spamers names that posted smap on this site, and funnily enough i found nearly most of them had signed up to the most wierd sites, (some of them all ready banned) will others had spam sites added to there posts. gosh people these days donmt have nothing else better to do.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You seem awfully interested in the spammers. :whistling: Why worry so much over them? They don't hurt anything here, since we find them and shut them down very quickly. :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
plus their not people....their robots..

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Actually, some are people. They're hired for .50/day or some absurd amount to register and post spam at various forums and blogs. However, the recent rash of them have been script generated.

daniel_c

daniel_c

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
how do use get to spammers so quikly, and delete there post? how do u know there spamers?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
if you saw what they posted you'd know, things totally unrealted ot this site, advertisement! Such as wart removal treatment.....saw that one around here about a week back. If you saw it you'd know.
And we get them so quickly because there are mods, admins and people informing them that someone has posted spam.

But i have a question, i have seen mods post that a link is a pay per click link. I have been curious ever since on how you guys knew this.
thanx
James

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
research....the mods with a malware background generally know alot more about what these site's generally are...but alot of the rest of us have an overpowering mastery of google hehe...

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
a lot of us already KNOW which links are bad or pay per click. Also, many of us simply click the links in our VM or test machines. :whistling: