Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Easy UrlLogic Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mbenardis

mbenardis

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: While wating for a response from one of your team, I googled the urllogic malware and was presented with the sponsoring corporation's website as my first hit.

In trying to complain to them about thier sneakiness, etc., I found a link to removal, just under "Contacts." I won't post a link or anything else as to a direct link because I don't want to go anywhere near them for fear of another hidden download. But, here's what I did...

Just Google UrlLogic, select thier site, go to the "Contact Us," and look for "Uninstall." They ask you to provide an access code wich will be displayed as you click through the instructions. Provide that code and you will receive an email stating that you have been removed from their network.

I was, of course, wary of the process, but figured what the h***. I'm so stacked w/ protection right now that I'm having a hard time browsing.

To my surprise, I haven't had any pop-ups since I submitted the request (only two days ago) and my machine is back to speed again.

I'd still like somebody to take a look at my HiJackThis log to identify what else is in here as I am sure there are plenty of items still left that I can't identify. I'll post my log, if and when a tech replies to this.

Thanks again.

Advertisements

OldTimer

OldTimer

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 3,273 posts
Duplicate post. Continued here: http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=11180

Topic closed.

OT