Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help uninstalling itunes

• Please log in to reply

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
i cant get rid of itunes from the add/remove programs. It even reinstalled itself.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
You probably did, but when you go to Add/Remove Programs, and click on iTunes, the installer pops up. Then you are given two choices, "Repair" and "Remove." It sounds like you are just clicking okay without reading :whistling: even though that's probably not the case.

Although I hate doing this, if that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is to just delete the folder from My Computer as well as the iTunes Music folders in My Documents.

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
so u want me to delete all folders with itunes?? Im sure it didnt say remove or repair. i just click uninstall and the window shows up the bar finishes and dats it.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
See when I go to Add Remove programs, find iTunes and click "Change/Remove" the installer app. comes up and has a button choice for either repair (a missing file) or remove (demolish). If that isn't showing up for you (for some strange reason) the sloppy way is to remove the folder and all associating folders.

Just wondering, why are you getting rid of iTunes?

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
im getting rid of itunes because i dnt really need it and dont like it. I should have never installed it. it just wont getr id of my pc.