Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver updates

• Please log in to reply

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi dsenette, I am back to annoy you again. my cd rom has dissapeared again, i test it when i start the computer to see if it opens, sometimes it is there sometimes not. i will go back and download the cdgone again and see if i can reinstate it again. office pro 2003 seems to be behaving.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....when the cdrom dissapeared...had you reinstalled your burning software and uninstalled it again at all?

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
no, just noticed that it is sometimes there, sometimes not ? havent re-booted yet but it worked last time and this time i saved the file to my desktop for easy access

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok i am back and i have cd rom again.

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok well i have to go again. i will check the site tomorrow morning so if there is any small steps that you can suggest for me to do i will be able to spend a bit of time on it in the morning. thanks again for help so far.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go here download and install
and see if y ou can burn some cd's with it...(also..see if your cdrom decides to disapear while this is installed)

moyra

moyra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
downloaded cd burning program as suggested. had no end of problems, cd rom froze open, froze closed, wouldnt burn lol. had to delete it and went to the site again to look at downloading the older version but checked for compatibility of cd burner. it wasnt on the list so i didnt download another one. tried to burn with windows media player but that didnt work either. imapi.exe seemed to be the problem, looked at task manager and imapi.exe program would not end. cd drawer locked closed with cd inside and the computer was frozen had to switch power off and restart. all back to normal (abnormal) once i restarted. lg cd burner gone again. have got dvd burner too which is operational so tried to burn cd's with that with same results, but at least that doesnt dissapear on me every five minutes lol. nearly ready to get sledge hammer out hehe. just as well i have lots of patience.